Guidelines for Funding
We are dedicated to supporting projects that couple the passion of employees of the Sempra Energy family of companies with important community organizations, including matching opportunities for qualified contributions and volunteer incentives in support of community service.
We also focus our efforts on providing assistance in times of disaster.
On occasion, and as a response to regional needs assessments, we will identify unique, community-based opportunities and make grants through initiatives that target a particular focus area and/or geographic region.
General exclusions and restrictions
We generally do not fund requests that benefit:
- Individuals, with the exception of disaster response/relief or company-sponsored scholarship programs
- Other private non-operating foundations
- Groups that practice discrimination against others based on age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups, except for programs that are broadly promoted, available to anyone and free from religious orientation
- Political parties, candidates or partisan-political groups
- Capital campaigns, travel expenses, loans or loan guarantees, debt reduction or past operating deficits or liquidation or an organization.